Padlocks, lockouts and seals are designed to lock machinery equipment and avoid accidental start-ups. To prevent accidents, machines requiring maintenance, repairs or unblocking are required to be locked or sealed beforehand.
Accordingly, padlocks and lockouts add a layer of security by preventing other people from starting up the machinery while workers are servicing the equipment. In a nutshell, it is mandatory to lock equipment or machines when workers are conducting maintenance work, repairs, unblocking equipment or any other manipulation that may put them at risk.
The components of a lock include a shackle, locking mechanism and label. We distribute a variety of products:
- Ball valve lockouts;
- Butterfly valve lockouts;
- Round valve lockouts;
- 120 and 550 V electrical plug lockouts;
- Circuit breaker lockouts;
- Switch lockouts;
- Multiple-person lockouts;
- Cable lockouts;
- Electrical lockouts kit;
- Circuit breaker lockouts kit;
- All purpose lockouts kit;
- Padlocks;Lockout stations;
- Lockout labels;
In addition, some models are available in various colors for safety color recognition:
- Red for fire hazard (ex.: halon);
- Yellow for high-risk (ex: propane gas);
- Blue for low-risk (ex.: argon);
- Green for minimum risk (ex.: water).
Never work on unsafe machinery. Your life depends on it. Don’t hesitate to inform other workers on locking methods and rationale.